Emily United Kingdom
We went on a 3 day tour to Murchison Falls with Wilson, and he was a fantastic guide from start to finish. We were short of time to do everything we wanted to, but he made sure that the trip was arranged in the best possible way for us to visit everywhere we wished to.
We had an incredible time tracking chimps, and rhinos and Wilson took us on some amazing game drives - working tirelessly to help us spot some rare creatures, and hugely knowledgeable about everything that we saw. Wilson was wonderful company, and he really made the trip special for us - by the end of the trip he felt like a friend as well as a guide. I'd hugely recommend taking a trip with this company.
My wife and I did a three day safari for our honeymoon "chimps and gorillas" with Michael as our guide. Michael was the perfect guide giving us as much information as we wanted, he was extremely knowledgeable and very friendly. He is by far the best guide we have had all across Africa. The places we stayed were first rate and the vehicle was reliable. Definitely recommend.
A traveler USA
My wife and I did a 3-day safari of Murchison Falls NP with these folks. Nothing but the best memories of the entire trip. We could not be more satisfied.
Some of the highlights:
- The owner, Wilson, is friendly and directly reachable on the phone. We have been swindled before, so I wanted to be extra-sure before committing to these folks. I went and met Wilson at his home in Kampala and he immediately put me at ease. They own and rent out several modern, clean vehicles in very good condition, and run safaris all the time.
- Our driver, Kassim - young, very helpful, observant, drives very well, great conversationalist with lots of interesting tidbits, sharp-eyed spotter in the park
- The trip itself: we were very happy because Saso does not do the usual nickel-and-diming that is very prevalent in other economy safari companies, for example in Kenya. Also, in Murchison Falls NP itself, Kassim was very proactive in working the phones and as a result we got to hang out with 12 lionesses and lion cubs for almost an hour, watching them as they ate and played. This was only one of many sightings during the day.
- Itinerary: even though we made a few last-minute changes to the overall plan, Wilson and Kassim handled everything admirably and made sure we got where we wanted to go
- Arrangements for food: I don't know if this is standard across all their safaris, but the food arrangements were all uniformly excellent. Further, Kassim took note of our dietary preferences and only took us to places where we would get good options All in all, a great safari. If you're looking for a good safari company in Uganda, look no further!
Side note: something that caused me a bit of anxiety before the safari began was the fact that they have very few TA reviews, and all the reviewers have just 1 review! Unfounded anxiety, as it turned out. These guys are the real deal.
I highly recommend these guys, they've got good quality reliable safari vehicles. Kizza Ahmed who was our driver was very experienced, friendly and informative. Been on two safaris to Murchison Falls NP with Saso and look forward to many more.
I really enjoyed my trip with Saso. I was travelling alone but that was not problem due to my friendly guide Kassim. He showed me a lot of animals in Queen Elisabeth NP (even the lions!), he has a lot of knowledge about Uganda, the animals and the culture and he was nice company during dinner!
Saso made a good program for a travel of 5 days, it was never bored and the accomandations were very clean and luxury with good food.
Don't miss our special promotions, exclusive offers, new destinations and inspirational stories!
We respect your privacy. We will not publish or share your email address in any way.